Supplementary (Back) Drives and Stretcher Bars
Signalling Maintenance Courses
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course will enable signal engineers to carry out the set-up and adjustment of supplementary drives in line with relevant instructions. They will be able to demonstrate their ability both practically and theoretically upon successful completion of the course.
- Enable candidates to demonstrate their ability to carry out the set up and adjustment of supplementary drives.(including NR/WI/SIG/10179)
- Enable candidates to be able to identify point components and associated parts so that the impact of correct setting is understood
- Understand the importance of the correct setting of stretcher bars
- Provide sufficient evidence of an individual’s performance to enable competence to be measured (in the workplace)
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Points Population and Failures
- Identification of Components
- Supplementary Back Drives
- RT60 Installations
- Practical Demonstrations
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have a detailed knowledge of point operating mechanisms. This will have ideally been gained through workplace experience and relevant training on specific equipment (Style 63 Maintenance, HW Maintenance etc.)
Duration: 5 days for the course, which include an assessment of each delegate. The assessment can be carried out at the customer’s site if preferred.
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (subject to equipment availability)
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: