SMTH – Signal Maintenance Testing Handbook – G110 Tester Lead Recertification
Signalling Maintenance Courses
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course will enable signal engineers to understand the skills as defined in parts of the competence standards whilst undertaking Non-Conceptual Work and Emergency Testing (G110 Testing) in their daily work.
- Provide the underpinning knowledge and practical experience in Non-Conceptual and Emergency works Testing (G110 Testing).
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Identify where they can obtain information to determine the nature and scope of the work
- Identify which engineering drawings, diagrams, specifications, reports and technical manuals/instructions contain the relevant information to work
- Carry out the required tests/checks for the task in hand
- Identify non-conformities, errors or additional testing needs and how to progress them.
- Explain the course of action for missing testing documentation.
- Explain the course of action for the completion of work and testing activities prior to allowing the system/product to return to service.
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical (scenario) and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to understand diagrams and use basic hand tools and testing equipment (meters, meggers etc) and have experience of fault finding on signalling equipment. Ideally, they should have attended some basic signalling courses (BS1/BS2/Introduction to Signalling or equivalent), SMTH and hold SFI Level 1 or be able to demonstrate relevant experience in Signal Works Testing or Signal Works Installation.
Duration: 1 Day one to one assessment per delegate (following an SMTH Recertification) plus 1 day Assessment for G110 Tester Lead Tester Recertification
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (access to equipment is a requirement of this course)
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: