Signalling The Layout - ERTMS Level 2
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course will enable a signalling designer to create a signalling plan for the UK application of ERTMS Level 2.
- This coures addresses for future method of signalling for the UK.
- The course concentrates on understanding of underlying rules for ERTMS level 2 equipment specification.
- Baseline 2 and 3 functionalities
- Also provides preparation for module 2 of the IRSE examination
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Explain ERTMS Level 2 operation and system components
- Determine end of authority to supervised location distances and release speeds
- Perform headway calculations to determine layout parameters
- Position nodes, marker boards and supervised locations according to safety and operational requirements.
- Specify Overlay, Underlay and fringe arrangements
- Specify node and marker identities
- Specify eurobalise group positions
- Specify the packets content of Eurobalise messages
- Specify route characteristics
- Specify any additional trap points required
- Specify normal lie and identify of points
- Specify train detection areas and identities
Assessment and Certification
Achievements of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate of signalling layout principles for ERTMS Level 2.
The delegate's achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to be familiar with
- Conventional UK lineside signalling layouts and how to design them.
- ERTMS system components and Level 2 operation
This course is produced and run by Signet Solutions - For further information contact us.
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: