Signalling Testing Courses
|Duration||2 days including assessment|
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course is intended to enable signal works and Installation staff to correctly align signal and signs in line with all relevant standards and to understand the principle behind the procedures and processes that apply to the process and be able to use the correct equipment to achieve this requirement.
- • Underpinning knowledge matched to the relevant Installation and Testing procedures.
- Reflects the requirements of modern signal and sign alignment techniques.
- Intensive practical experience in the application of sighting techniques.
- Reflects directly to the Network Rail testing and installation standards.
- Use and application of correct tools and equipment to attain correct sighting and alignment of a variety of signal types.
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Identify the correct standards and procedures applicable to correct signal alignment.
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the Installation and Testing staff engaged in signal alignment.
- Practically apply installation and testing techniques to the signal alignment procedure.
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical assessment.
The delegate's achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to already be a competent functional tester/installer with approximately three years' practical experience. The delegate should be a senior testing/installer who have passed the relevant Testing and Installation courses or have equivalent experience. The delegate should also have a good understanding of signalling plans, diagrams and relevant testing and installation documentation.
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: