Route Relay Interlocking Design (RRIDO)
Other Signalling Courses
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course is intended for the signal designer who is working towards the principles designer’s role.
- The route relay interlocking technology is the universal basis of all interlocking principles and control tables, such that this course is valuable even if the delegate is not intending to work on RRI technology
- Closely links the standard circuits to signalling principles and control tables
- Completely updated to reflect current requirements
- Relay names and technical jargon are explained in “plain English” terminology
- Underpinning Knowledge matched to IRSE Licence requirements
- Extensive practical exercises reinforce learning of circuit application
- Delegates will benefit from practice on our working route relay interlocking
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of, and create site specific designs for, the following classes of circuitry.
- Push Button Interlocking
- Route Interlocking
- Points Interlocking and interfaces
- Sectional Route Locking
- Signal Controls
- Route Normalisation
- Timing Circuits
- Swinging Overlaps
- Stepping-up of class of route
- Preset Shunt Signals
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a theory assessment of circuit principles, and a practical assessment of typical circuit customisation skills.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to interpret signalling layout plans, signalling control tables and circuit diagrams.
Duration: 10 Days
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (access to equipment is preferable but not essential)
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: