Mod 4 – Functional Tester
Signalling Testing Courses
|Duration||4 Days + 1 day one to one assessment|
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
|LocationDerby or Any location subject to equipment requirements||Places6||Date28/05/19||BookClick Here|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course is intended for signal engineers, who are Works Location Verification and Functional testers, to become Trackside Equipment Verification and Functional testers.
- Underpinning knowledge matched to the IRSE Functional Tester Licence 1.3.170
- Reflects the requirements of functional testing techniques
- Reflects the requirements of Network Rail standards
- Intensive practical experience in application logic testing
- May be tailored to specific client or railway administration requirements
- The course includes activities on relay based and Solid State Interlocking (SSI) systems.
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Prepare to perform tests on trackside equipment
- Perform Verification of trackside equipment installation
- Perform Functional testing of trackside equipment including
- Track circuits
- Signals, AWS and TPWS
- Record and Document test activities
- Report errors identified during testing
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected have
- a Module 3BL competence
- a Module 3c competence and a waiver from the Employer; and good knowledge of electrical Principles, sufficient Log Book evidence showing suitable work experience and be able to ‘read’ circuit diagrams.
Duration: 4 Days + 1 Day one to one Assessment
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (access to equipment is a requirement of this course)
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: