Mod 2 – Principles Tester
Signalling Testing Courses
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
|LocationDerby||PlacesLast Few||Date28/02/22||BookClick Here|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course is intended to enable signal works testers to progress to the principles testing of signalling interlockings.
- Underpinning knowledge matched to the IRSE Principles Tester licence 1.3.180
- Reflects the requirements of modern validation techniques
- Intensive practical experience in application logic testing on a variety of interlocking
- Relating directly to the Network Rail testing standards
- May be tailored to match the requirements of other rail administration requirements
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Identify the role and extent of Principles Testing
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the Principles Tester
- Practically apply testing techniques to determine interlocking function.
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to already be a competent functional tester with approximately three years’ practical experience. The delegate should be senior testing personnel who has passed the Intermediate Signalling Technology (Principles) course or equivalent. The delegate should also have a good understanding of signalling plans, signalling principles and signal control tables. Delegates expecting to test Solid State Interlocking systems, a qualifications in Solid State Interlocking Design (Data Prep) is recommended.
Duration: 10 Days – including assessments
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (access to equipment is a requirement of this course)
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: