Mechanical Interlocking Testing Course
Signalling Testing Courses
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course is intended to enable mechanical locking fitters to perform principles testing of mechanical interlocking frames.
- The signal box and its components
- Relationships between the parts
- The principles of mechanical locking
- Styles of locking frames and tables
- Relationship of tables to layouts Locking layout associated with tables
- Mechanical locking testing principles and methods
- Relationship between testing method and frame construction
- Exercise in production of locking tables and locking
- Demonstration of locking and testing of locking on a variety of interlocking frames of different style and complexity
- To gain a good underpinning knowledge base about the construction of mechanical interlocking frames.
- To understand the factors that determine how mechanical interlocking is implemented.
- To gain some practical experience of designing mechanical interlocking for a selection of layouts.
- To gain some practical experience of performing Principles testing on a selection of frames.
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a theory and practical assessment of testing technique.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have some mechanical signalling experience.
Duration: 10 Days including assessment
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (access to equipment is a requirement of this course)
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: