Location Design Project
Signalling Design Courses
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course is intended for the signal engineer who needs to demonstrate their ability to create site specific location designs.
- You will design a complete signalling location, in accordance with a project specification and current standards, under the guidance of our experienced mentor.
- A valuable resource which you can refer to will be the locations in our Derby training installation, which exemplify good and current location design and construction practice.
- This will demonstrate your ability to design interface circuitry for standard equipment types including signals, train protection, train detection and points.
- You can create a design either for a relay based or SSI type location, depending upon your needs and prior knowledge.
- The pencil and paper approach encourages you to think carefully about every detail of your design, instead of “copying and pasting” features which you may not understand.
On successful completion of the project you will have created a complete design for a location, which you can use as an item in your IRSE Licensing Portfolio of Evidence.
You will also create a personal report which describes how you created your design.
Assessment and Certification
Your project mentor will provide a witness testimony on your completion of the project.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have a good prior knowledge of the standard interface arrangements for common types of equipment.
Duration: 10 Days
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (access to equipment is a requirement of this course)
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: