Signalling Design Courses
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course is intended for technical investigation staff who may be required to use complex test equipment on the signalling infrastructure.
- Hazards associated with the connection of test equipment
- Requirements of Network Rail Standard “Use of Monitoring and Test Equipment”
- Additional discussion of accuracy of readings and modern monitoring technology
- Case studies of the specific test equipment used by the client
- The course avoids word-for-word reading of standards in favour of deep and interactive discussion of the pertinent issues, to aid intelligent application of the standards in the workplace
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Select the correct instrumentation
- Demonstrate an understanding of the types of instrumentation available
- Demonstrate an understanding of the risks and limitations associated with its use
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of instrument calibration
- Perform short duration attended tests
- Perform temporary unattended monitoring
- Correctly implement testing, including making connections
- Make non-intrusive measurements
- Assess likely effects upon the circuits under test
- Demonstrate an understanding of instrumentation power supplies and fusing
- Assess existing equipment and systems before starting
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a knowledge assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be a holder of an SMTH certificate, or to be able to demonstrate equivalent skills.
Duration: 1 Day
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: