Clamp Lock Installation
Signalling Maintenance Courses
|Location||Any subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course is intended for signal technicians who will be installing Clamp Lock Point machines.
- Underpinning knowledge matched to IRSE Licenses
- Intensive practical experience in applying the role of Point Fitting
- May be tailored to specific client or railway administration requirements
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Principles of Operation
- Connection to Point Switches
- Component Variations
- Mechanical Operation
- Electrical Operation
- Mechanical Installation
- Rail Sections, Switch Types and Layouts
- Preparation and mounting of components
- Adjustment and Gauging
- General Installation Techniques
- Testing and Restoration to Service
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to have a basic background in Signal Engineering. Ideally They will have attended some basic training already (i.e. BS1/BS2/Introduction to Signalling) or have relevant experience.
Duration: 5 days
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: