BST - Basic Signalling Technology
Signalling Design Courses
|LocationDerby||PlacesLast Few||Date22/02/21||BookClick Here|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
THIS COURSE IS AN ONLINE EVENT PLEASE CONTACT FOR FURTHER DETAILS
This course is intended for the signal engineer who requires development of signalling principles knowledge towards design of interfaces to trackside equipment.
- Demonstration of all equipment types on working systems with complete diagrams
- Signalling systems
- Plan conventions and symbols
- Signalling relays and circuits
- Electrical interlockings
- Train Detection
- Automatic Warning System
- Train protection and Warning System
- Power Supplies
- Location design
- The project life-cycle
- Works design and testing processes
- Competence issues
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe and interpret the following:
- Operation of Relay and SSI driven signals.
- Symbols on signalling plans and circuit diagrams.
- Operation of train detection systems.
- Principles of operation of interlockings.
- Principles of TPWS application and operation
- Mechanical and electrical operation of points.
- Principles of Rail Signalling power supplies.
- Selection of Rail Signalling cabling.
- Design and testing processes and relationships.
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to demonstrate an understanding of basic electrical principles, symbols and circuits.
Duration: 10 Days
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (access to equipment is preferable but not essential)
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: