Newly Updated ERTMS UK Application open course
3rd January 2017
We are proud to announce that we have updated our ERTMS UK Application Course for 2017 and we will be offering this course on a Open Programme to be delivered on 24.04.17 - 28.04.17. If you are interested in attending this course please do not hesitate to contact us
ERTMS UK Application Course
The Cambrian Line has successfully demonstrated the application of ERTMS Level 2 in the UK. Imminent major renewals of signalling infrastructure on key routes will see this technology rapidly rolled-out, to be transformed from the rare to the mundane.
This course will prepare a forward-thinking signal engineer for this future step-change in technology and practice.
- Understanding of ERTMS Level 0, 1, 2, 3 and STM operation
- “Before and after” signalling plan and performance comparisons for ERTMS Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Cambrian Line case study
- Typical configurations of trackside, interlocking and RBC equipment
- Typical configurations of trainborne equipment
- The trainborne Driver-Machine interface
- The signaller-machine interface
- ERTMS information flows and content
- Impact upon operational rules
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe how the future application of ERTMS will affect the current technical and operational practices.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate of attendance which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be familiar with signalling principles, layout plans and wiring diagrams for UK main line signalling installations.
- Duration: 5 days
- Location: At our Derby training centre, or on your premises.
- Maximum number of delegates: 12
- We can deliver this course on a private basis, in which case the specific content can be tailored to the detailed needs of the client’s employee group.
This course is produced and run by Signet Solutions.
First Signet/IRSE Examination Award Goes to Rob Taylor-Rose
22nd November 2016
As part of our 20th Anniversary Celebrations we have launched an Award together with the IRSE which wil be an annual event from 2016. The Bursary Award will be funding towards the International IRSE Convention and awarded to the person who gains the highest percentage in any one IRSE Examination Module undertaken. This years' winner was Rob Taylor-Rose from Network Rail and he attended the IRSE Convention in September 2016 which was in Beijing, China. Rob has recorded his wonderful experience and this will be issued in the IRSE News.
Congratulations to Rob and we hope that this will be the first of many awards which will give a Younger Member the great opportunity to see other railway signalling infrastructures throughout the world.
Accreditation - ISO 9001:2008
18th October 2016
Signet Solutions are once again proud to announce that they have been successful in their audit for ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System for 2016
Accredited once again for ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management System
22nd July 2015
Signet Solutions are proud to announce they have once again been accredited with ISO 2008 following an audit on 21/07/15.
Signet Solutions says 'Helo' to Malaysia
23rd January 2015
Signet Solutions in collaboration with ASAP Mobility (Malaysia) and with the support of UK Trade and Investment delivered two 2 day training courses on Railway Systems in December 2014.
This course was designed to provide delegates with an overview of the key sub-systems within the railway infrastructure and how they interrelate. It therefore covered Track, Signalling, Electricification and Communications.
The courses were well received and Signet is now actively discussing future requirements with ASAP Mobility for 2015.
From Camouflage to High Visibility
23rd January 2015
Over the last 18 months Signet Solutions has worked with key customers to bring a number of ex-forces personnel into the industry, which has allowed them to rapidly develop their Railway Signal Engineering skills base. This has been achieved by
- the development and delivery of conversion programmes focused at providing the right knowledge and skills needed for the challenge of the railway of today and tomorrow.
- Personnel have already proven their interpersonal, technical and life skills which provides an excellent starting point for the accelerated learning which is also supported by mentorship in the workplace.
The Signalling Solutions class of 2014 has successfully concluded their programme whilst other within Atkins Rail are still continuing their journey. Many have already boosted their company's capabilities over the festive season and on into 2015. The success of the intial Signalling Solutions group has been underlined by the commencement of a further class in January 2015.
The team at Signet Solutions would like to welcome the new delegates on this programme and wish them every success along their journey or training and development within the Railway Industry.