Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
The course is intended as a “Briefing” and “Assessment” to enhance refreshed testing competencies with the G110 requirements, as defined in NR/L2/CTM/012/056.
This course is intended for; signal engineers with existing competence as an SMTH tester, but who require refresher training in SMTH requirements, and have experience in any role where they have demonstrated a suitable competence in Signal Works Testing or Works delivery.
- Refresher training of core SMTH procedures.
- Underpinning knowledge matched to the NR/L2/SIG/30014/G110 standard.
- Understanding of testing Check Marks, additional to those given in NR/L2/SIG/30014/C310.
- Provide the underpinning knowledge and practical experience in Non Conceptual Design Testing.
- Reflects the requirements of the role of a G110 Tester/Lead Tester and G110 Author/Checker.
- Practical scenario experience in producing, checking and implementing a Test Schedule.
- The Course includes a written and practical assessment against a unique scenario based exercise.
On successful completion of this course, the delegate shall have knowledge and understanding of:
- How to establish the extent and limits of testing.
- Where they can obtain information to determine the nature and scope of the work.
- The testing methods applicable for the work and how much time and resources they require.
- Which engineering drawings, diagrams, specifications, reports and technical manuals / instructions contain the relevant information for the work.
- How to carry out the required tests / checks for the work, using specific scenario exercises.
- Test reporting documentation and procedures.
- How to progress faults / design changes / equipment replacement.
- How to assess the completion of work and testing activities prior to allowing the system / product to return to service.
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a written and practical assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have existing competence as an SMTH tester, but who requires refresher training in SMTH requirements, and has experience in any role where they have demonstrated a suitable competence in Signal Works Testing or Works delivery.