Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements
This course is intended for staff who will be required to maintain and fault find the trackside data links and trackside modules of UK style Solid State Interlocking Systems (SSI), Westlock and Smartlock.
Note that this trackside course excludes maintenance of the interlocking.
• The course benefits from significant practical time on a working SSI interlocking at our training centre.
• The skills are equally relevant to the next-generation Westlock and Smartlock products.
• The course includes assessments to demonstrate underpinning knowledge and practical skills.
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
• Describe the function and operation of SSI trackside components:
- o Trackside Data Links
- o Data Link Module (DLM)
- o Signal Module
- o Points Module
• Use the Data Link Interrogator to read telegrams
• Gather evidence upon reported faults from the technician’s terminal and other sources
• Follow a logical process to diagnose faulty SSI trackside and connected equipment
• Replace faulty equipment and return to service
• Use the Module go/ no-go test set
• Identify equipment routine maintenance requirements
• Use the Production Telegram Error Rate Test Set (PTERTS)
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have a good knowledge of typical lineside equipment and circuits, circuit diagram symbols and an appreciation of signalling interlocking principles.