Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is intended for staff who will be required to maintain and fault find UK style Solid State Interlocking Systems (SSI) and associated trackside modules.
- The course benefits from significant practical time on a working SSI interlocking at our training centre.
- The course includes assessments to demonstrate underpinning knowledge and practical skills.
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Describe the function and operation of SSI System components:
- Interlocking Multiprocessor Module (MPM)
- Panel Processor Module (PPM)
- Diagnostic MPM
- Technician’s Terminal
- Panel Multiplexer
- Trackside Data Links
- Data Link Module (DLM)
- Signal Module
- Points Module
- Use the Data Link Interrogator to read telegrams
- Gather evidence upon reported faults from the technician’s terminal and other sources
- Follow a logical process to diagnose faulty SSI and connected equipment
- Replace faulty equipment and return to service
- Use the Module go/ no-go test set
- Use the technician’s terminal to apply and remove technician’s controls
- Identify equipment routine maintenance requirements
- Use the Production Telegram Error Rate Test Set (PTERTS)
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have a good knowledge of typical lineside equipment and circuits, circuit diagram symbols and an appreciation of signalling interlocking principles.