Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is intended for staff who will be required to perform complex health checking and fault diagnosis upon the trackside data links of UK style Solid State Interlocking Systems (SSI).
• The course benefits from significant practical time on a working SSI interlocking at our training centre.
• The skills are equally relevant to the next-generation Westlock and Smartlock products.
• The course includes assessments to demonstrate underpinning knowledge and practical skills.
• The course also includes relevant Instrumentation Engineering issues in accordance with Network Rail Standard “Use of Monitoring and Test Equipment”
•Hazards associated with the connection of test equipment
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
• Use the Production Telegram Error Rate Test Set (PTERTS)
• Use a digitial storage oscilloscope
• Use a data link interrogator
• Demonstrate an understanding of the risks and limitations associated with the connection of instrumentation
• Perform short duration attended tests and temporary unattended monitoring
• Connect equipment correctly and safely
• Assess likely effects upon the circuits under test, to make non-intrusive measurements
• Demonstrate an understanding of instrumentation power supplies and fusing
• Assess existing equipment and systems before starting
• Perform a data link amplitude and symmetry survey
• Diagnose data link health based upon voltage and waveforms obtained
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be familiar with SSI interlocking and trackside equipment maintenance. The delegate should also have a good understanding of electrical theory.