Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your Company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course will enable a designer, who is already familiar with general interlocking principles and control tables, to be able to prepare data for SSI interlockings.
- SSI data constructions and writing conventions.
- Practical data entry, compilation and de-bugging sessions on your design workstations (DWS) if available.
- The course can alternatively be delivered using “desktop” data writing exercises only, if you do not have a DWS available.
- All commonly occurring data files for all parts of the SSI interlocking system are covered:
- Interlocking identities: TCS, SIG, PTS, ROU, ELT, QST & FLG files
- Interlocking MPM data: IPT, FOP, PFM, PRR, OPT & MAP files
- Panel processor identities: BUT & IND files
- Panel processor Data: PSD, PPD, PTD, POD & PBK files
- Understanding the “Newton mod” for points keying in the above files NEW!
- Diagnostic processor: DIA file
- Simulator and interface processors: Map design and co-ordinate assignment
- Use of SSI specific control tables for routes, subroutes and map search NEW!
- Interfacing SSI to TPWS using the preferred method 1a NEW!
- Overview of processes for data writing, configuration control and testing
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to create all necessary data content to enable a simple interlocking to be set to work.
Assessment and Certification
The underpinning knowledge gained by the delegate will be measured by a theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to interpret signalling plans and existing control tables for UK main line signalling installations.