Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your Company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course will enable a designer, tester or project engineer to deduce the detailed interlocking function by reading the various data files, and to identify that mandated quality procedures have been carried out.
- SSI data constructions and writing conventions.
- SSI data examples and comprehension exercises
- All commonly occurring data files for all parts of the SSI interlocking system are covered:
- Interlocking identities: TCS, SIG, PTS, ROU, ELT, QST & FLG files
- Interlocking MPM data: IPT, FOP, PFM, PRR, OPT & MAP files
- Panel processor identities: BUT & IND files
- Panel processor Data: PSD, PPD, PTD, POD & PBK files
- Understanding the “Newton mod” for points keying in the above files
- Diagnostic processor: DIA file
- Overview of simulator and interface processor map design and co-ordinate assignment
- Overview of processes for data writing, configuration control and testing
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to demonstrate how common interlocking principles and control table requirements are implemented by the data.
Assessment and Certification
The underpinning knowledge gained by the delegate will be measured by a theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to interpret signalling plans and control tables for UK main line signalling installations, and specifically to relate trackside objects to SSI module/ telegram allocations.