Signet Solutions Limited can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is intended for staff who will be required to maintain and fault find on Standard Free Wired Interlocking in accordance with the BRS-SW-67 typical circuits.
- The course benefits from significant practical time on a working interlocking at our training centre.
- The course includes assessments to demonstrate underpinning knowledge and practical skills
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Understanding of circuits:
- Push Button Interlocking
- Route Interlocking
- Points and Point interfaces
- Sectional Route Locking
- Aspect Controls and signal interfaces
- Route Normalisation
- Panel Indications
- Maintenance Requirements
- Relay Reservicing
- Safe replacement of magnetically latched relays
- Logical Fault Finding techniques
- Common faults and their symptoms
- Fault finding exercises
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have a good knowledge of typical circuits and understand the standard symbols and terminology used within them as well as having good understanding of signalling systems. This would typically have been built up by a reasonable amount of workplace experience or the candidates will have successfully completed a RRI Appreciation course (RI).