This course will enable a signalling designer to create a signalling plan for the UK application of ERTMS Level 2.
- This course addresses the future method of signalling for the UK.
- The course concentrates on understanding of underlying rules for ERTMS level 2 equipment specification.
- Euro technical jargon is explained in clear English terms
- Extensive practical exercise covering a wide variety of lifelike situations
- Underpinning Knowledge matched to IRSE Licence requirements
- Also provides preparation for module 2 of the IRSE examination
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Explain ERTMS Level 2 operations and system components
- Determine end of authority to supervised location distances and release speeds
- Perform headway calculations to determine layout parameters
- Position nodes, marker boards and supervised locations
- Specify node and marker identities
- Specify eurobalise group positions
- Specify route characteristics
- Specify any additional trap points required
- Specify normal lie and identity of points
- Specify train detection areas and identities
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a theory assessment of signalling layout principles for ERTMS level 2.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to describe the basic functionality of conventional UK lineside signalling.