ERTMS UK Application Course
Other Signalling Courses
|Location||Derby or at your venue|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
The Cambrian Line has successfully demonstrated the application of ERTMS Level 2 in the UK. Imminent major renewals of signalling infrastructure on key routes will see this technology rapidly rolled-out, to be transformed from the rare to the mundane.
This course will prepare a forward-thinking signal engineer for this future step-change in technology and practice.
- ERTMS trackside Levels
- ETCS trainborne Modes and Mode Profiles
- ERTMS jargon is explained in clear English terms
- “Before and after” signalling plan and performance comparisons for ERTMS Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Typical configurations of trackside, interlocking and RBC equipment
- ERTMS information and calculations
- Release Speeds and Overlaps
- Placing Marker boards, Ends of Authority, Supervised Locations and Balises
- Headway calculations for ERTMS
- Exercise: Signalling a Layout for ERTMS, covering a wide variety of lifelike situations
- UK interpretation for ERTMS Levels 2 and 3
- Making provision for unfitted and fallback operation
- Modelling the Infrastructure
- The trainborne Driver-Machine interface
- Typical configurations of trainborne equipment
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe how the future application of ERTMS will affect the current technical and operational practices.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate of attendance which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be familiar with signalling principles, layout plans and wiring diagrams for UK main line signalling installations.
Duration: 5 days
Location: At our Derby training centre, or on your premises.
We can deliver this course on a private basis, in which case the specific content can be tailored to the detailed needs of the client’s employee group.
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: