Signet Solutions Limited can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course will enable signal engineers who will be involved in the installation of style 63 point machines in line with required standards and specifications. They will also be able to apply the necessary tests and checks as defined in the Installation and Maintenance Standards. They will also understand the procedure required for the equipment to be returned to service.
- Underpinning Knowledge matched to IRSE Licences
- Intensive practical experience in applying the role of point fitting
- May be tailored to specific client or railway administration requirements
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Principles of Operation
- Connection to Point Switches
- Mechanical Operation
- Electrical Operation
- Mechanical Installation
- Rail Sections, Switch Types and Layouts
- Preparation and mounting of components
- Adjustment and Gauging
- General Installation Techniques
- Testing and Restoration to Service
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to read circuit diagrams and be involved the installation and faulting of Style 63 point machines. Ideally they should have attended some basic signalling courses or be able to demonstrate relevant experience.