Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
By the end of the course delegates will be capable of
- Identifying the key components of a VCC
- Identifying the Key components of a T72 Points system
- Describe the manner that the VCC drives the rails, locks/clamps the switch rail to the stock rail, and wedges the open switch away from the stock rail.
- The delegate will be able to state the mechanical operation of the VCC
- Describe the reason for shallow depth switches
- State the importance of the correct setting of adjustable stretcher length
- Demonstrate the ability to correlate the permanent way to the diagrams
- Demonstrate the correct method of securing the adjustable stretchers
- Correctly install the lock body and Lock Arm
- Correctly fit and cut to length a detector rod (brass plunger)
- Correctly Pack the lock arm and adjust the Coupling rod to suit
- Demonstrate how to install the point motor
- Correctly install and adjust the drive rod
- To state the reasons for correct setting of the supplementary detection
- Correctly tighten all nuts to the required torque settings as determined by standards
- Demonstrate ability to correctly fit split pins to castellated nuts where required.
- State how electrical detection works in the ACC interlocking area for a T72 Point Installation.
- Practically demonstrate how to carry out maintenance operations on the T72 Point Installation.
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to have a basic background in Signal Engineering.