Signet Solutions Limited can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course will enable signal engineers to understand the core content of the Handbook and apply its principles in the workplace. It will also enable them to be able to carry out the defined tests contained within the handbook and also ensure that they are fully aware of the escalation procedure when these procedures cannot be applied or the requirements of the standard are not met.
- Provides underpinning knowledge towards the IRSE Maintenance Tester Licence
- Intensive practical activities in the duties of a Maintenance Tester
- Provides competent maintainers with the skills necessary for maintenance testing
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Identification of Testing Requirements
- Undertaking Defined Tests
- Wire Counting
TPWS Trackside Equipment Testing
- Identification of equipment not to specification
- Provision of evidence to bring the equipment back into service
- Release of Controls
- Overview of Signalling Failure investigation
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to understand diagrams and use basic hand tools and testing equipment (meters, meggers etc) and have experience of fault finding on signalling equipment. Ideally they should have attended some basic signalling courses (BS1/BS2/Introduction to Signalling or equivilant) or be able to demonstrate relevant experience.