Dates Available on application
This course will enable signal engineers to refresh the core content of the Handbook and apply its principles in the workplace. It will also enable them to be able to carry out the defined tests contained within the handbook and also ensure that they are fully aware of the escalation procedure when these procedures cannot be applied or the requirements of the standard are not met.
- Refresh Intensive practical activities in the duties of a Maintenance Tester
- Refresh competent maintainers with the skills necessary for maintenance testing
On successful recertification of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Identification of Testing Requirements
- Undertaking Defined Tests
- Wire Counting
TPWS Trackside Equipment Testing
Block Testing (if assessed)
- Identification of equipment not to specification
- Provision of evidence to bring the equipment back into service
- Release of Controls
- Overview of Signalling Failure investigation
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical recertification assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to have successfully completed a full initial SMTH course and assessment or have had an SMTH recertification assessment within the last two years.