Signet Solutions Limited can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is intended for signal engineers who will become involved in the maintenance or installation of mechanical signalling and will provide them with a good level of underpinning knowledge.
Underpinning Knowledge matched to IRSE Licences
- Practical experience in the cutting of mechanical locks (FPL) and the jointing of Signal wires
- May be tailored to specific client or railway administration requirements
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Signal Structures
- Signal Fittings
- Signal Wire Runs
- Signal Box Wire Connections
- Jointing and terminating Signal Wire
- Signal Arm Gauge
- Signal Arm Repeating
- Final Checks on Signal Operation
- Point Types and Identification
- Point Operation
- Rodding Runs
- Facing Point Lock Plunger Operation
- Adjustment of Points
- Detection Theory
- Detection Equipment
- Cutting of Detector Notches
- Adjustment and Testing of Detectors
Supplementary Point Drives
- Supplementary Point Drives
- Installation and Adjustment
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have attended some basic training (BS1/BS2/Introduction to Signalling) or have equivalent experience. The delegates should have some experience with basic hand tools (i.e. Hacksaw, file etc.) although some instruction will be given on the course.