Signet Solutions Limited can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Provides delegates with a sound underpinning knowledge of electrical principles (AC & DC)
- Provides foundation knowledge in electrical theory and practice that logically links to further training in Signal Engineering
DC Electrical Theory
- Basic Concepts of Electricity
- Ohm’s Law
- Electrical Safety
- Scientific Notation and Metric Prefixes
- Series and Parallel Circuits
- Series Parallel Combination Circuits
- DC Metering Circuits
- Electrical Instrumentation Signals
- DC Network Analysis
- Batteries and Power Systems
- The Physics of Conductors and Insulators
- Magnetism and Electromagnetism
- RC and L/R Time Constants
- AC Electrical Theory
Basic AC Theory
- Reactance and Impedance - Inductive
- Reactance and Impedance – Capacitive
- Reactance and Impedance - R, L, & C
- Mixed-Frequency AC Signals
- AC Metering Circuits
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Distinguish between static and current electricity
- Use and manipulate values with Scientific Notation.
- Identify electrical conductors and insulators
- Explain the relationship among current, resistance and voltage
- Measure voltages and amperages in circuits, and calculate resistance using Ohm’s law
- Explain the impedance due to inductive and capacitive reactance and their relationship to frequency.
- Explain the operation of a simple parallel and series LCR circuit as filters.
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a theory assessment to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge gained.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.