Signet Solutions Limited can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is intended for signal technicians who will be maintaining Clamp Lock Point machines.
- Underpinning Knowledge matched to IRSE Licences
- Intensive practical experience in applying the role of Point Maintainer
- May be tailored to specific client or railway administration requirements
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Principles of Operation
- Key Component
- Mechanical Operation
- Electrical Operation
- Mechanical Installation
- Rail Sections, Switch Types and Layouts
- Adjustment and Gauging
- Specific Services (A&B)
- Changing of Components
- Testing & Restoration to Service
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have a basic background in Signal Engineering. Ideally they will have attended some basic training already (i.e. BS1/BS2/Introduction to Signalling) or have relevant experience.