20.03.17 - 31.03.17 - 9 PLACES AVAILABLE
Signet Solutions Limited can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your Company’s specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is intended for new people to signalling technology who requires development of basic signalling underpinning knowledge.
- Reflects the requirements of the UK main-line network
- Ideal for people new to signalling technology
- Practical element ensures that understanding is re-enforced
- May be tailored to specific client or railway administration
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Signalling Diagrams and Nomenclature
- Block Systems
- Cables and Wires
- Power Supplies
- Signals and Circuits
- Warning and Protection Systems (AWS/TPWS)
- Train Detection
- Point Operation and Principles - Style 63, Style HW, Clamp Locks, HPSS
- Detection and Gauging of Points
- Functional Testing of Points
- Fault Finding Techniques
- Process Control (Rules and Competence)
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a theory assessment and practical assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
Attending this course does not guarantee future employment.
Your employer must assess you as competent before allowing you to perform safety critical work.
A well prepared delegate is expected to have a basic understanding of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
For the benefit of newcomers to the industry we also offer a combined course 'Introduction to Signalling - BS1 & BS2' and 'Signal Works Testing Mod 5 - Test Assistant' at a preferential rate. Please contact us for further details.