Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements
This generic course specification can be applied to any axle counter system, such as Alcatel AzLM, required by the client, provided that the client makes available technical documentation relating to that system, and a complete working example of that system for training purposes.
This course will enable a signalling maintainer to undertake the maintenance of an axle counter system.
- Extensive practical installation and fault-finding exercises
- Maintenance procedures in accordance with best practice and client’s specifications
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of terminology used in axle counter systems.
- Identify key components of axle counter systems
- Interpret technical documents relating to axle counter systems
- Use specific tools and test equipment correctly
- Accurately diagnose faults in an axle counter system to line replaceable unit level
- Replace key components of an axle counter system
- Safely perform a reset operation, and communicate to ensure safe restoration to service
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to have a basic background in Signal Engineering. Ideally They will have attended some basic training already (i.e. BS1/BS2/Introduction to Signalling) or have relevant experience.