Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course provides an understanding of signalling principles a they are applied on the UK mainline network. It is of use in a variety of fields, including design, testing, maintenance, railway operations, project management or incident investigation.
The content is draw from our IST – Layouts and IST – Control Tables courses, but involved less practical work in a shorter timescale. If you have a need for detailed understanding of signalling principles, we would recommend that your attend those two courses instead.
The course content includes:
- Types of Signal and Route Indicator
- Classes of Route
- Positioning of Signals to suit operational needs
- Signalling Plan Symbols
- Interpreting the signalling plan
- Train warning and protection system
- Points arrangements
- Train detection arrangements
- Functional Principles of equipment
- Interlocking Principles
- Route Life Cycle
- Understanding Points control tables
- Understanding Route control tables
The Signalling Principles Primer course is produced and run by Signet Solutions.