Signet Solutions can reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This course is intended for signalling designers who wish to progress to the design of circuits for level crossings of the Manned Barrier (MCB) style.
- Technical terms and relay names explained in “plain english”
- Full operation sequence for each crossing type
Function, appearance and diagrammatic representation of common level crossing components
- Barriers, pedestals, controlling and proving circuits
- Road Lights, flasher units and lamp proving
- Audible Warning units and controllers
- Treadles – Normal and Reverse contacts
- Local Control Unit
Manually Controlled Barrier Crossing
- Operational requirements and control tables
- Understanding of Circuitry
- Function of all relays and circuits
- Operation sequence
- Auto Raise function
Control table and typical circuits for these level crossings
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Create site specific circuit diagrams for MCB level crossings based upon the typical circuits
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by an assessment of underpinning knowledge and circuit design.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to interpret signalling layout diagrams and control tables
Duration: 5 days
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (subject to equipment availability)
Maximum number of delegates: 10