Signal Cable Jointing
Signalling Maintenance Courses
|Location||Derby or Any location subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course will enable signal engineers to carry out jointing of typical cables and ensure that they are able to carry it out to the necessary installation standards. It will also cover the use of equipment such as crimping tools and different types of jointing kits to ensure the delegates gain a rounded ability.
- Underpinning Knowledge matched to relevant IRSE Licences
- Intensive practical experience in applying the role of cable jointer
- Variety of joints used in the practical element of the course (Scotchcast, Heatshrink, etc)
- May be tailored to specific client or railway administration requirements
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to describe the function of the following
- Cable Construction
- Use and Testing of Crimping Tools
- Preparation of Cable
- Joint Construction and Types
- Torpedo Type
- Testing of cables prior to closure
- Closure of joints and final checks
- Installation standards (Installation Handbook)
- Final Testing and Restoration to Service
- Testing of cables using a TDR
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a practical and theory assessment.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to use typical hand tools (Wire cutters, strippers, pliers etc) as well as having some experience of basic signal installation techniques.
Duration: 5 Days
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises (access to equipment is a requirement of this course)
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: