E10K Western Region Relay Interlocking Design Course
Signalling Design Courses
|Location||Any subject to equipment requirements|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course will enable a signal principles designer to progress to the design of E10K Western Region style interlockings. These interlockings were developed by the Western Region of British Railways from the 1950s onwards.
- Underpinning knowledge matched to IRSE Licence requirements
- Closely links the standard circuits to signalling principles and control tables
- Relay Functions explained in plain English terminology
- History of BR (WR) Signalling Centres
- Signalling Principles
- Control Tables
- Basic Signal and Points Circuits
- Approach Locking Circuits
- Sectional Route Locking Circuits
- Relay and Circuit Design Exercises
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to modify the standard E10K circuits to create site specific designs.
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a theory assessment to demonstrate the underpinning knowledge gained.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate should be familiar with:
- Signalling Plans
- General signalling principles
- Signalling circuit diagrams
- Standard location circuits
- Standard BRS-SW67 interlocking circuits
The client is advised to group together delegates of similar levels to attend the course together.
Duration: 5 Days
Location: at our Derby training centre, or on your premises
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: