Australian Intermediate Signalling Technology (IST) Layouts
Other Signalling Courses
|Location||Australian venue of your choice|
Bespoke & Private Courses
We can also reserve a course for your company exclusively, and we can design courses to meet your company's specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.Contact Us
This course will enable signalling designers to specify signalling equipment on signalling plans, based upon a client specification.
- Course fully up to date to reflect current requirements
- The course concentrates on understanding of underlying rules for equipment specification
- Technical jargon is explained in clear English terms
- Extensive practical exercise covering a wide variety of lifelike situations
- Underpinning Knowledge matched to IRSE Licence requirements
- Also provides preparation for module 2 of the IRSE examination
On successful completion of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Interpret customer requirements for signalling projects
- Perform headway calculations for non-stopping trains
- Position signals on the plan
- Specify types of signal and route indicator
- Specify signal identities
- Specify signalled routes required and their characteristics
- Specify Train Protection and Warning Systems
- Specify any additional trap points required
- Specify normal lie and identity of points
- Specify train detection areas and identities
Assessment and Certification
Achievement of the Course Outcomes will be assessed by a theory assessment of signalling layout principles.
The delegate’s achievement of the Course Outcomes will be confirmed by a certificate which will be forwarded to the nominated client contact following the course.
A well prepared delegate is expected to be able to describe the basic functionality of signals, points and track circuits.
Job Seekers Information
Please visit our dedicated jobseekers page for detailed information relating to people seeking jobs in the rail industry.: